10 Things to Keep in Mind While Travelling in Kyrgyzstan
- Please respect local people’s traditions, culture and religion.
- When entering a home, do not forget to take your shoes off.
- Do not smoke in homes.
- Inform your host about your meal preferences.
- Always ask before photographing people and try to establish friendly contact before shooting.
- Wear hiking shoes or boots, as trails are slippery and stony. Bring warm clothes and a raincoat. Weather in jailoo (pasture) may be rainy and cold, even in summertime. Always have a flashlights, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Use your head! Drinking alcohol while hiking is unsafe!
- Carry a plastic bag for litter. Pack up all non-biodegradable rubbish. Please do not drop cigarette butts or candy wrappers.
High altitude vegetation is frail; avoid trampling and picking plants or flowers in quantity.
- Leave only footprints, take only photos!